This page lists Construction kits and parts which are allowed for use in the Construction Kit competitions 2017 and examples of parts which are not allowed.
The list may be updated, stay connected.
If in doubt, ask us: email.
Approved Construction Kits
- Lego RCX
- Lego NXT
- Lego EV3
Lego cubes can be mixed within one project as needed
- If you want to use other construction set, ask us.
Approved parts for Lego-based robots
So far, there was no need to specify allowed parts for other Construction sets. If needed, ask us.
- All original LEGO parts from any set
- Hitechnic "Lego certified sensors" and accessories:
- NXT Angle Sensor
- NXT Acceleration / Tilt Sensor
- NXT Barometric Sensor
- NXT Color Sensor V2
- NXT EOPD
- NXT Force Sensor
- NXT Gyro Sensor
- NXT IRLink Sensor
- NXT IRReceiver Sensor
- NXT PIR Sensor
- NXT Compass Sensor
- NXT Magnetic Sensor
- NXT IRSeeker V2
- HiTechnic Sensor Multiplexer
- NXT Touch Sensor Multiplexer
- Codatex Hainzlmaier RFID Sensor
- If you want to use other parts with LEGO-based robot, you'd better ask us.
Not allowed parts for Lego-based robots
This is an example of parts, which are not allowed. It is not exhaustive, just examples of parts, which cannot be used in the Construction Kits contests. If a specific sensor is not on this list, it does not mean it is allowed. To be allowed, it must be listed in the approved parts section above.
Examples of not allowed parts:
- all Mindsensors "EV3 and NXT" parts
- Vernier NXT sensor adapter and all Vernier sensors